Pages

January 28, 2013

No-Bake Energy Bars



Did anyone catch Dr. Oz's show about foods for boosting low energy?  I tape his show, and when I have time to actually sit and watch it, I sometimes find little gems like this recipe he calls Dr. Oz's No-Bake Energy Bars.  A dietician on his show shared this recipe for a quick energy boost to treat the late afternoon slumps.  It's also a great snack for kids, on the way out the door to volleyball practice or baseball games, or to pack in lunches. I like to enjoy it with a cup of tea in the afternoon, while the kids are doing homework.  This recipe can be tweaked to whatever your heart desires. I put the original recipe from Dr. Oz's television show below my own version. Enjoy!


Love & Maple Syrup's No-Bake Energy Bars

1 cup organic, quick-cook oats
1/2 cup organic peanut butter (or almond butter)
3 Tbsp. natural, unheated honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup dried, tart cherries
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
1 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
1 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp. mini dark chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together. Spread in a 5"x8" pan, and pat down. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Cut into squares or bars. Wrap in waxed papers for a quick to-go energy treat!



Dr. Oz's No-Bake Energy Bars

1 cup quick-cook oats (not the instant 1-min. kind)
1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter
3 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup dried, tart cherries

Assembly directions are the same!








1 comment:

  1. I haven't blog visited in - well - forever but I have to tell ya ... these sound ah.may.zing. They are definitely going on my list of recipes to try :)

    ReplyDelete